Dienstag, 16. Juni 2009

Farewell, little Amazon Bookshop. Closed the Shop Window until further notice.

I´ve closed my little Amazon bookshop until further notice. It´s not Amazon´s fault, but the feedback and validation system is flaw: as an Amazon bookseller, you can´t do anything against bad feedback, even if you´re totally sure the buyer is wrong and just wants to be nasty. There are besides many nice & fair bookbuyers freaks & bad people browsing the internet who abuse the anonymity of the cyberspace. Guess true lovers of rare & antiquarian books don´t buy at Amazon´s. And by the way: German buyers are not the friendliest in the world - being polite and friendly, Hoeflichkeit ß Freundlichkeit, are foreign words in this country; and those who are the least affluent and buy books for 50 Cents are the most avid critisizers. And Germans are first class bargain hunters, to sell antiquarian books at a good price is very, very difficult.

So I closed the shop window. Maybe I will re-open with genuine antiquarian and rare books in my own new antiquarian bookstore, let´s wait and see. Time for concentrating on writing I guess. Selling used and second-hand books of no value really sucks.

This blog will not be closed, but I´m planning a second one on different issues, more personal, and in English only. See u, guys! /Uih, I´ve changed into a twitteratus:-). Too much twittering changes your use of language.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen